Monday, May 16, 2011

Terror As Fear




Death is sharp.
Funerals real.
Buried deep,
it is surreal.

Do not frown,
walk on in town.
Smile failed,
you have been nailed.

No cross is needed,
a trial not had.
Death Court closed,
as it should have.

While you wait,
impatience, Hate!
Homeless bound,
I have no sound.

Exhaustion sets in.
Breathing made hard.
I accept my shroud,
for in death there is no crowd.

My fight is long,
since birth, First Year.
No love is known,
no home, no dome.

My origin claims,
I am not ordained.
My family's wealth,
is not mine to well.

My life, my love,
is not my need.
My crime to date,
my birth; no rape.

Lost my luster,
lost my will.
To live in peace,
prepare below.

I bow to none,
I rise to all!
Exhaustion beats me,
friendship burns.

Loneliness is my cross,
sadness my nails.
Terror is the rope,
as fear hangs me.



Karen A. Placek

No comments: