Note to Self: This post was originally copied and posted on my google blog 'The Secret of the Universe is Choice; Know Decision by I, Karen Anastasia Placek and held drafted within the google holdings on this blog on the 8th of June, 2016. 'Published June 27th, 2016'. At and for my reference to the many more posts in 'the hold' google time stamp on my acer laptop computer running Windows to say the time is
11:29 AM to date and state Published Now!!
Description of the technique
- Outlining stitches such as stem stitch, chain stitch and split stitch
- Satin stitches to create flat, filled areas within a design
- Couched stitches, where one thread is laid on the surface of the fabric and another thread is used to tie it down. Couching is often used to create a trellis effect within an area of the design.
- Seed stitches, applied randomly in an area to give a lightly shaded effect
- French knots are commonly used in floral and fruit motifs for additional texture
- Laid and Couched Work
- Long and Short "soft shading"