Thursday, May 19, 2011

Night Becomes Light




I wake in hopeless fright.
Cannot I make this Stop?
Wishing for such a mourn,
gives me some delight.

For I believe in magic,
when I close my eyes.
I imagine since my youth,
the guy that I rely.

I rest my head on thee.
I know that we can't see,
each other to create relief,
regardless of the day or year,
you still bring sweet release.

To free me only in imaginative thought,
is more than I could need.
For making night time horrors relieve,
this girl from open sores.

A moments rest inside whats best,
the wonder and the like.
To keep this real and my mind about,
I dream not of this loud.

Grace has granted some reprieve,
for mornings just like this.
I drink my coffee, milk and sugar,
and write the words of now.

I believe in Magic!
and only one miracle it's true!
He is just a man,
a CD plan, that sees this girl on through.

He's never late and does not take,
from girls who do not dare.
To speak the verse, to match his Hearst,
I think he sings out there.

Affection for the very poor,
in Heart, and Soul or Mind.
Is what he says the World should do,
to not leave them behind.

To invest in such a list,
a roster such as mine.
Does declare the fame out there,
is priced high for their blare.

I like the boldness of review,
it makes me laugh out loud.
To see such gifts, that look like me,
is a new insightful memory.

I was told by shrinks not old,
for therapy is wise.
When all you are is fear inside,
they help you realize.

A common thread, its golden too,
was making new a script to Life,
with photo's and that's right.
Ensuring day-mares get held so tight,
that night becomes the light.


Karen A. Placek