Tuesday, July 26, 2011

No Glass Slipper, The Broken Shards.......



Left for whomever
made to never feel
Emotionally unreal
The beatings seemed surreal.

The babysitter first
the adultery second
the step-father third
Moved right in on this sin.

A prisoner in isolation
I hated school, Principle swooned
couldn't concentrate, I was their bait
Barely alive, I survive time.

Clever making me marooned in life
I'm alone, a misfit, a distant memory
I was not shown how to be
where to go
Left for show, the Cinderella expense.

They didn't care
I never dared
to speak or say, "Hello there"
Alone, daunting, scared.

Tore me down from within
took it all and then
stepped back into their sin
And beat me yet again.

When does it end?

Exhaustion sets in
I march yet again, get back
still under attack
Just a plain and simple fact.

Discretion meets no one
words bleed from their mouths
lies pour onto so many
You are not good and plenty.

STOP your murderous ways
it's not O.K. to say
the things that take away
the lives of human beings.




No comments: