Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Falter at Never


Children need no appeal.
An ear, a voice, a stand,
most definitely.
For at that point, no genius helps.

For what good would such a talent be?
When crushed by family.
A heart to give, a soul to take,
it is easier to say these days.

The years have passed; blindly I stare.
At nothing, but, "I'm hosed."
A cold and hardened plight,
it does grow rather old.

So many years to put away,
all before my 18th birth arrived.
When Legal hit a freedom fight
to breath the air of might!

Hours never passed, the minutes held the time.
In negativity I did count
the seconds of my wealth waned.
I found the struggle incomparable.

NEVER, put pen to paper.
Certainly do not speak with voice.
The levity of such a crime
brought beatings with no choice.

My spine is racked with pain.
The daily grind I bare that's mine.
In spite of all of you,
I knew the term....

Begin again.

No comments: