Monday, October 15, 2012

Culpability For What Has Been Done Is Overdue!!




(Excerpts from "For Parchments Sake" and "What Screams." Originally written June 2012)


"On parchment dried and hung for Creed
I stared upon what I thought was.

Not for sake of wonderment;
But, for sake of sane.

Could in a moment:
A Soul?
A Heart?
And what I saw be gone?

Leaving only witness to Decree?

A dipping well with pen which did lap ink,
a thin, long bone, with marrow spared, the feather must have flown.
It tipped the thick and dark-like substance, red ink it seemed once moved.
drawn-up within the thread, blood?

"This Child...."
The words poured,
like the sink I heard no more.

"Where did all that......?
 Where did that young boy go?"
I seemed further from myself
the distance seemed to grow, the farther I seemed to be.

I sank to "KNOW" that I was next:
A wet, a skin-like shawl stopped me.

"A lamp, I'm not"
I screeched!"

~


"It comes to mind and will not line
with anything other than itself.

Exorcisms are one of a kind
so expectations of difference are futile.

It's DARK; My brother is WHERE?
I can barely see a cross.

Laid out upon a table
confusion becomes this label.

So much like:  Yet!  Worlds Apart!
Come hither to gain such sight.

For one was kind
the other FRIGHT.

A dead boy gave no light.
Just the same, his skin I gained
my brother passed out and I might."


No comments: