Thursday, August 22, 2013

what have I become ~ by James Blunt



What Have I Become

Text und Musik / lyrics and music by James Blunt

she took me for granted
delivered wisdom to my door
on top of the world
subscribed for life

with an outland of my soul put to sleep
I think you understand me
talking about hopes of help and dreams of war
and Moscow calling footsteeps on the floor

what have I become
what have I become
what have I become

don't give up now
tomorrow's empires will come
and broken bones
constitute my strength

in the shadow of death we'll die
you ain't seen nothing yet
through the darkness I cry
and the way of life is gone, a way of life is gone

what have I become

strange meeting
I'm on the moon

a house dividing with the ugly scandals
watching my back
listening for the echoes of an evil past
was this how the legend was formed

mixed signals
so fools rush in

and precious few, precious few have sense enough
to see what's right
and I finally say I am gone
if finally here I am gone

what have you become

No comments: