Wednesday, March 30, 2016



To whom it may bother that a person cannot get the same prescription that one has been taking for more than ten years on the done.  No problem and all the appointments go fine, than one day the new Doctor says that its the wrong dosage, worse, saying that all the Doctors that you have ever had are just wrong.  So, off one goes to the blood draw with that wonder piece of paper, and, a bunch of those wonderful coded boxes are checked.  Normal, yes, so off to the Draw Center one goes.

There it is the time between, on average the call comes to the hard line phone but this time its rude and indifferent, even going as far as to treat you as an idiot.  The new appointment with ones new doctor gets made, then one waits some more.

The date comes to day and then the hour.  One waits some more, just now in the Waiting Room actually.  The pictures and magazines aid to the passing seat on the Office with coughing, depressed persons.  That sliding door opens, "excuse me, please fill these out before the doctor can see you".  Plodding across the dull carpeted floor one stands at the window display, here, here and here I also need to see your insurance card your co-pay is blah, blah, blah.

No pause, the now clipboard with irritating falling off papers, the pen that one is handed, you wonder??  Did I not fill all of these messages out a billion trillion times a qua-billion other times??, oh well, patience whens the grade as that is the degree of must to accomplish this absolutely necessary but annoying classical life duty, why you ask, it's my Thyroid and it refuses to work for itself bringing tired a new meaning into reality in ones life.

Finally the call from the Nurse Practitioner, oop's I mean the somebody else I am now unfamiliar because I was taken into where the Nurse Practitioner was now the Doctor of the Office care.  The common shift language, here's your prescription however we have decided to reduce your dosage, changing your daily pill, so don't be surprised a the new color of the pill.  One tries to explain that every single Doctor so far had given you this same dosage because of blah, blah blah; short-stop interruption to point of this conversation, Nurse Practitioner: "they were wrong".

Asking for the Doctor in the Office one is told that a separate appointment would have to be made and in the case of this particular prescription they will only say the same thing.  The conversation done the prescription written and then filled because won gives it no other grace.

Months, years and many many trips to cramping and much more, the calls begin to, interrupted the entire blood draw darning, now repeat above and done.

Why?? because that is what that coded UPC Sheet came back as and it says this is write, "but I am really tired and just say the word Prune Juice gives these rest measures a brand of drink that Streakers would fail these days".  Putting in Frankly those terms, Nurse Practitioner, well we can check your blood again for the levels, halt stop, I say, "every time you are taking my rare AB Positive blood type and lots of it, what it going on, I have been taking the above pictured pill for, well ask Kate her b-day and do the math yourself, 'cause it adds up to about 5 blood draws to your more than 8 blood draws in the past Four Years".

No response, just waiting again, tired and worn out wondering why a Nurse Practitioner and their Office insist I get my blood drawn again on top of the fact that every single time you compromise your body with a pin prick or actual draw you endanger yourself with so much these days.  So, in order to make my Mind feel less stressed you begin to question why on Earth would a Office force the payment of both body, mind and sole to the cost priced of all this worry??. Answer?? I don't know.

So to my last Doctor, Dr. Zacharias, I love you and miss you terribly and I am reminded of those antibiotics that were meant to be working in the Five Day period, they were new but good, I said Okay.  Than three weeks later I came back sicker than I was the first and you felt so bad and I said I still don't feel good.  You said I need to give you the old prescription of antibiotics because those Five Day New Prescriptions have made no . . . you get the point.  You than said why didn't you come back and I said because you said give it a chance they'll work and I said are you sure and you said yes.  I fondly remind the World of this story because I really love Dr. Zacharias in Sacramento, California, he made all my appointments painless and precise to the work of the Physician with a bit of a little teasing.

To this bother of a Post today I day to the Odd Fellows, I have had less Doctors than one would imagine, because I stay with them for reasons as I have already written as done deals above.  The reason we part ways is usually for those passing on but in Doctors Zacharias case, I ran out of money and energy to drive to Sacramento to go and see him, oh for the hi way at you see the emptiness of smaller than a Tier because its a clean sweep.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

https://www.cancercompass.com/message-board/message/all,29525,0.htm