Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Foreward: The Nine Understandings, A Journey to Self

I would like to achieve my own independence.  I would like to develop my own structure of belief.  I believe that through freedom of thought and the freedom to choose (in my own determined life) I will deliver to myself a new enlightenment.  Freeing me from a harried life with PTSD and/or what the layman may call C-PTSD.  My mind has been injured and although the healing of writing will or should recover my independence.  I am honest enough with myself to know, that in all likelihood the traumas themselves will never leave me. It is part of me, like I am part of it.  It is my life and it has been complimented by many different experiences.  These have been both good and bad.  The things that have happened to me are mine.  It has all made me into who I am today. The question is what will I  do with all of this pain?  How will I choose to be?  Will I continue to mull over that which does not silence itself in my mind?  Or, shall I choose to tell my story?  Sharing with you the story of my life and how I came to "Self".

Both remarkable and full of sadness, this story will fill you with many different emotions.  Remembering that I am a survivor of childhood horrors will help.  Survivors, survive for a reason.  My reason is personal, maybe I will eventually share it with you.  Until then we can walk through my mind, discovering a path that may lead us to the recognition of your "self".

While on our journey, I will share many other things about my family, the church they started and more than likely, the members that supported my mother in her illness.  As I begin to find what is actually me, I am hoping that you will find peace of mind in your own lives.

I will share with you the how and why's of my own journey. In hopes that in the end you will find that you also can experience a transformation of your own consciousness, bettering yourself and those that may surround you in your daily life.  This is a path called, The Nine Understandings, A Journey to Self.


Karen A. Placek
Written on 5/29/2009

No comments: