Sunday, June 10, 2012

What Screams?



It comes to Mind and will not line
with anything other than itself.

Exorcisms are one of a kind.
So, expectations of difference are futile.

It's dark; My brother is where?
I can barely see a cross.

Laid out upon a table
Confusion becomes this label.

So much like: Yet! Worlds apart
"Come Hither" to gain such sight

For one was Kind.
The other Fright.

A Dead Boy gave no light.
Just the same his skin I gained.
My brother passed out and I might....

But, stood I did and I swear, I promised
to tell my brother, 
"They LIED, he was DEAD, you killed no one."

Silenced by FEAR.

'Til Forty Years, I held my sear.
For scarce I was to find.

For very few things from here,
ever kept me round.

I held true to Brother too!!
Told him at the age of, "Forty-Two."

Keeping simple tragic things
he said, "they worked it out."

I said, "o.k." then I made,
an Artful, Purposeful mistake.

I handed him, what I wrote
and mailed to over 1200 friends.

Not mine.

Our Mother paled;  I'm sure
she cried, "Take her children, Right?"

My brother cried.
Ran outside and sobbed;

"I didn't know you remembered!"

No tears were shed from my eyes
I felt no pang of death as I had expected.

I never saw what Hurt I would feel.
The sight of my big brother running from the room we were in.....

It ended only to begin in an even greater degree.
The consequences for carrying such a message for so long:

I didn't know

The Pain ran into Me and opened veins:
Not of Blood, but, of Agony.

No comments: