Monday, February 17, 2014

Take Stock



I met someone on the beach the other day.  We were walking towards one another, confirming my own path I looked up and our eyes locked we both stopped and stared at each other. The recognition froze time in its place.  I turned to walk-on and in the pause I thought to myself I know this person.  Looking up to confirm my intuition I found that they had done the same as I.  Turning my head to the side to look yet again..

I said "I know you."
The reply, "Yea, I know you too."
I said, "I am not sure from where though."
the reply, "Maybe another life."
I said, "oh, you must be right."

We both laughed and went about our way, a strange rapport in an instant.  There was no Silver Screen between us, no musical lyrics that reminded us of something, just two people randomly passing one another in life itself, an extremely sobering moment.  Some of us have been here before and are not ashamed or embarrassed to say it when we recognize a person.  I am glad that it happened the way that it did, it made me feel as if I was not as alone in this very ugly World.

It was not the familiar smile, nor the time it took to utter a few words back in forth, no, it was the warmth of the person themselves, the recognition of another life was so strong it was as if the Centuries hugged us.

Oddly we both said, "See you in the next one!!" and went about our way.

Cheers to the beauty of life because long before we ever came to this god forsaken earth you were you and I was I.  Did you know that when you were born?  or was all of that torn out of your thoughts by what is rammed down our throats every day...we all die.


No comments: