Friday, August 10, 2012

What Screams?



6/5/2012

It comes to mind and will not line
with anything other than itself.

Exorcisms are one of a kind
so expectations of difference are futile.

It's DARK; My brother is WHERE?
I can barely see a cross.

Laid out upon a table
confusion becomes this label.

So much like:  Yet!  Worlds Apart!
Come hither to gain such sight.

For one was kind
the other FRIGHT.

A dead boy gave no light.
Just the same, his skin I gained
my brother passed out and I might.

But, stood I did and swear,  I promised,
to tell my brother,
 "They lied, he was dead, you killed no one."

'til Forty Years, I held my sear
for scarce I was to find.

)For very few things from here
ever kept me 'round.(

I held true, 
to brother too.
Told him at age Forty-Two!!

Relief, belief, a simple nod
told me of his grateful lead.

Keeping simple, tragic things,
he said, "They worked it out."

I said, "O.K."
then I made,
an artful and purposeful mistake.
 .
I handed him, what I wrote,
and had mailed to "1200" friends.

Our Mother paled: I'm sure I nailed.
She cried, "Take her children. Right?"

My brother cried
and ran outside and sobbed;

"I didn't know you remembered"

No tears were shed from my eyes
I felt no pang of death as I expected.

I never saw what hurt I'd feel,
the sight of my big brother running from the room we were in

It ended only to begin in greater degree,
the consequence for carrying such a message for so long:

I didn't know 

The pain ran into me and opened veins,
not of blood but of agony.

No comments: